Wednesday 2 September 2009

Val's Vanette and Wind Farms


My email name is "valvanette". I chose it as my traveling address, because I drive this Nissan Vanette camper van! It used to have a kitchen with a gas fridge, a gas stove and washing up facilities, but I never cooked in it. Roadside 'ventas' have delicious inexpensive food on the 'menu del dia', so why bother with shopping, cooking and cleaning up? Brian dismantled the kitchen and fitted a three seater backseat that I bought (with seat belts) from a car scrapyard . Its more comfortable now for giving a lift to friends!

The 'wind farm' shown here is on the Gaucin road, 15 minutes or so from where I live. I'm ambivalent about them. They may make sense environmentally - but I'd rather see beautiful mountain scenery without such intrusions. Yes, the design has elegant simplicity - but I enjoy nature more without them. Wind farms are a hazard to bird life, especially on migratory routes; however chemicals in the food chain and pollution cause more bird deaths. The 'solution' to one problem causes another problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment